NOTICE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT OF
SMC Global USA, INC.
In 1999, Congress passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. This Act requires SMC Global USA, Inc. as a “financial institution” to take affirmative steps to explain to you our specific policy with regard to the usage of information about you which you may have provided to us, or with regard to other information about you that we may have collected about you.
I. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND FROM WHOM WE COLLECT IT
SMC Global USA, Inc. collects “nonpublic personal information” about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms such as your name, address, and social security number.
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and,
- Information we receive from outside sources, such as your other account relationships.
“Nonpublic personal information” is nonpublic information about you that we obtain in connection with providing a financial service to you.
II. INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
SMC Global USA does not share or sell your information to any unaffiliated third parties.
III. WHAT INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE AND TO WHOM WE DISCLOSE IT
SMC Global USA does not disclose personal information to third parties, unless one of the following limited exceptions applies.
- We disclose personal information to companies that help us process or service your transactions or account(s), including companies that print and mail your newsletter.
- We may disclose or report personal information in limited circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is required or permitted under law, for example, to cooperate with regulators or law enforcement authorities.
Outside of these exceptions, we will not share your personal information with third parties unless you have specifically asked us to do so, that is, “opted in”.
IV. YOUR RIGHT TO “OPT OUT”
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may “opt out” of those disclosures. That is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures other than those disclosures permitted by law. If you wish to “opt out” of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties, you may call our firm at 407-992-6155, or you may fax us at 866-852-4236, or you may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
V. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
We at SMC Global USA, Inc. restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your non-public personal information.